Faith on the Frontline is our Autumn 2014 programme, re-imagining life between Sundays.
One of our church’s agreed priorities is to “Equip us to live as followers of Jesus in our ‘frontlines’… the places we are and the people we’re with between Sundays”. This season of church life coming up (our Sunday themes, our Small Group discussions) is a planned to help this become a reality.
We'll understand our ‘Frontline’ as that place where we recognise God’s calling to engage with non-Christians in mission. This includes us all (retired, paid or unpaid employee, boss, unemployed, parent, carer…)
Being a disciple, a follower of Jesus is for the whole of life. There is no area, no person and no moment of our lives that Jesus isn’t interested in. All of life matters to God. When we really grasp that then every place we go, everyone we’re with, takes on a dimension!
So what are we hoping for over the next few months?
- We'll celebrate that Jesus is Lord of all, and all of life matters to God (There is no divide between the so-called secular and so-called spiritual worlds)
- We'll grow as church to have a better understanding & sharing with one another of what we face through the week. And so many ordinary but important real life stories will be heard and shared on Sundays and in our Small Groups.
- We'll plan for each of us to feel more encouraged and equipped to be followers of Jesus on our Frontlines, knowing that Jesus is interested in every aspect of our lives.
- We'll recognise that the whole of our lives can be fruitful in God’s good purposes.
- 7th Sept All of life matters to God - There is no divide between the ‘secular’ and the ‘spiritual’. Jesus is Lord of the whole of life, and he’s interested in all of it!
- 14th Sept What am I here for and what’s my purpose? Discovering our vocation and call. And how is that possible when I’m not in my dream job or situation?
- 21st Sept God’s plan for work How is work viewed in the Bible? You may end up re-imagining what you do whether it’s paid, unpaid, voluntary, caring, whatever!
- 28th Sept Stories from the Frontline - This is St Michael & All Angels Sunday – The archangel had his battle line on which to fight. We will hear stories from our Frontlines as we celebrate the lives God has given us.
- 5th Oct Harvest Festival – We will celebrate all that God has given us. We are invited to bring to church anything that symbolises our lives between Sundays. E.g. tools etc from our housework, garden, workplace etc past or present, symbols of caring for somebody or leisure and hobby activities)
- 12th Oct God’s plans for rest - God rested, and told us to do the same. But why is Sabbath time important? And what if I never get time to spare?
- 19th Oct Recreation, play and Sport - What God thinks of them, how we are to view them. We may invite you wear or bring something!